Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I wanted to call this blog ...

... Experimental. That name was taken (of course). A rose by any other name still smells.

I want to get a handle on the blogging phenomena, and figured the best way is to try it. These are my trials.

I've read a number of tech blogs that report rumor as fact, citing unnamed reliable inside sources. I'm calling this blog speculational to let you know up front that I am my only source.

Barry Fitzgerald told me that the difference between Philosophy and Science is that Philosophy is based on reasoning while Science is based on the Method. Works for me. I use Philosophy to evaluate the blogs I read when proven facts are lacking (In college, I majored in Engineering, and minored in Philosophy. Barry Fitzgerald is a Professor of Philosophy and throws the best Christmas parties).