Thursday, June 28, 2007

Experimental Status Report

I started this blog one month ago, as a Social Experiment. While I am not ready to draw any conclusions, I do have a few interesting statistics to report.

In the past month I have received 16 emails in the inbox of my associated gmail account, 519 emails that gmail decided were spam, and 8 emails that gmail decided were trash. The 8 trash emails were actually spam. I don't know how or why they went to the trash - not that I care. Of the 519 spam emails, 518 were spam and 1 was a feedback notice from Gene Steinberg's Mac Nightowl. Two of the 16 emails in my inbox were also from Gene Steinberg's Mac Nightowl, and arrived the day after the one classified as spam.

This is an email account that I only use when commenting on other blogs, and all the emails in my inbox are either activation verification requests, or feedback notices.

To mark the start of month two of this Social Experiment, I have added a new feature - Digg. I used Wayne's Add Digg to BLogger script after changing the background color from black to white. Visit his website and you'll see why I had to do that. The day isn't even over, and I got two diggs. Auspicious!

Anybody care to comment?